So why use WordPress?
There are a ton of benefits to using this free Open Source software! WordPress offers many benefits over HTML. It’s an advanced and flexible content management tool that makes website development less cumbersome than it has been in the past. WordPress has a large development community working to continuously improve the product – larger than most commercial content management platforms. Some other benefits are listed below:
- Themes allow you to change the design of your website quickly.
- Update your website anywhere there is internet access.
- Allow multiple people to access and update the site without purchasing or installing additional software.
- Control levels of access staff will have while editing the site by defining user roles.
- Plugins allow you to extend the functionality of your WordPress site without knowing how to program. Some examples are: social media sharing, SEO, photo slideshows, and much more.
- WordPress sites are easy to update. If you can create a Word document, you can publish a new article to your WordPress website. Once it is set up, you can update it any time you want, and that is important for engagement with your visitors and for search engines.
- WordPress Sites are Cost Effective when compared to coding a website from scratch. The basic application is free and customizing a theme takes less time than building a new site.
- Google loves WordPress sites. Google has even gone on record as recommending WordPress for business sites. WordPress has many options for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), including easy install of Google Analytics, search engine keywords and descriptions, custom page titles, and tags.
- WordPress is supported by a thriving, engaged community. There are thousands of designers, developers and enthusiasts out there to help if you get stuck. Help is just a Google or Bing search away.
- Easily integrates with social media.
- With WordPress you can create a mobile site with ease. WordPress sites are cross-browser compatible and viewable on smart phones.